The sun is shining here in The Frozen Northeast Ohio. And the temperature is, good golly, 65F. That is unheard of for November. Well, it is heard of but not particularly often.
And so I feel the need for a “Things That Make Me Happy” list. These are in no particular order of importance. And if I have repeated these in previous lists, well, just cut me some slack.
- When a new recipe works well, fulfilling it’s promise. It is such a disappointment when a recipe doesn’t work.
- The smell of fall
- Immersion in a good history book.
- Blowing all the leaves off of the deck.
- Honeycrisp apples. I wish I could get them all year long.
- The Chronicles of Riddick. Don’t judge. It is a good movie. STOP that laughing right now Cartoon Girl!
- a desk that is neat and clean. It is a good think that you can’t see my desk right now. Come back in a hour though and it will be good.
- grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches with dill pickles. Oh be still my beating heart.
- a really good beer. None of that sissy stuff. Microbrews and I are really good friends.
- knitting lace. My new passion. I could knit lace all day long.
- listening to Barbara Rosenblat read through all the Amelia Peabody mysteries. Heck, listening to her read anything just makes me smile.
- the first snow of the season. Notice that I said the FIRST snow. If you ask me about this in January I am going to have a totally different answer for you.
- Heavy snowfalls that stop the world outside. Hmmmm, this may negate the last item but whatever. These days just give me an excuse to stay in my jammies and read a book.
- the encouragement of KnitSibs
- deep fried okra. It is one of the essentials of life.
- OBVIOUSLY cleaning things out makes me happy.
And on the thought of cleaning out I will leave you. It is too nice a day to sit here and play on the computer.
1. oh, my, you are the only other woman I know that likes beer. All my friends like white wine, which tastes like vinegar to me. I love a good microbrew. My current fave is Beltian White. Maybe I will go have one right now.ReplyDelete
2. I used to read Amelia Peabody a long time ago, but I've never tried the audio version! yay! a new audio recommendation. I've got two stacked up right now, but I'll put her in the queue.
3. smell of fall? yes. honey crisp apples? yes. first now of the season? yes. If you won't tell, I'll even confess that I like shoveling snow. The first time each season. Not so much after that. We do have a blower, but it's not always worth getting it out. but history books? not so much. Do you have any recommendations that might change my mind?
this got way too long, oops.
I'm convinced honeycrisp apples is what perfection must taste like! :)ReplyDelete
I can't wait for the next movie! Vin Diesel has a FB page where he updates from time to time.ReplyDelete