Friday, November 18, 2011

7 Quick Takes (Vol 142)

7_quick_takes_sm

Good golly where do the hours fly to??? Here it is Friday again and we are all hunched around the computer screen waiting to see what 7 Quick Takes brings. So after you have absorbed my blatherosity remember to click on the picture above to be whisked, at the speed of Herman Cain’s falling poll numbers, over to Conversion Diary.

Blather, blather, blatherty, blather and more on with the blather.

1.
It has taken 5 days for the birds to finally find the new, and gorgeous, feeder on the back deck.

You know……

IMG_4261A

This piece of carpenter splendiferousness.

And of course the squirrels have also found it. Such is life. I honestly can live with that I think. They are kind of cute sitting there all curled up and gorging on the bird seed.

So far they haven’t been able to figure out how to get to the suet feeder that I hung in front of the kitchen window. It is too far a jump to go from the grill to the hanging feeder, although they have tried several times. I am now having to clean little muddy squirrel paw prints off one of the windows.

Always a battle with the wildlife here at Chez Knit.

2.
I will confess that sometimes I am a creature of obsessive habit. Case in point, what I listen to on Dahling (the ipod). I have been a rut for a long time just listening to certain playlists, podcasts and audiobooks. But I have decided that I have to give some of my lesser, or never played music a chance to get some airtime.

So that means that I am listening to all my music on shuffle. And I just never know what I am going to get. So far in the past 24 hours I have gone through music from

Frank Sinatra (mmmmmm Frank!)
The Beatles
Darius Rucker (country)
Klezmer music
Nickel Creek (bluegrass/country/folk)
The Dillards (definitely bluegrass)
Rachmaninoff
music from South Pacific, Oklahoma!, Brigadoon
Edwin McCain (rock)
Glee!
Ian and Sylvia (60’s folk)
David Cook (I have no idea where he came from!)
Emerson, Lake and Palmer (70’s English progressive rock)
Vivaldi
K$sha (I hang my head in shame)

You get the picture. Sometimes even I am surprised at the variety.

And HHBL caught me dancing around in the bathroom yesterday to P!nk.

But we won’t talk about that.

3.
I believe that I have now heard the strangest ad for dental work. “They” were urging me to think about having my dental work done…..in Hungary.

Yes, Hungary.

I am supposed to believe that if I go to Hungary and have my dental work done there for “much less than the expensive US dentists” that I will save enough to cover the cost of my airfare and many of my meals.

Hmmmmmm.

But have you SEEN some of the dentistry that comes out of the former Eastern Block countries.

I think I will stick with the good old US of A. Thankyouverymuch.

4.
Since next Thursday is Thanksgiving the question really is….

Do you participate in the madness that is Black Friday Sales?

I can say, with some emphasis, that my answer to that is

NO!!!

I cannot think of a single thing that I need, or that anyone else in the family needs, that I would be willing to participate in that madness to get. Yes, I know that the sales are FABULOUS but it just isn’t happening.

I don’t like crowds. I don’t do midnight (except for Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings).

5.
This week saw me on my first kitchen design photo shoot. That was a great deal of fun. A bit unusual as the homeowners weren’t there and the nanny was the person that took me through the house. Thank goodness for a good wide angle lens! And good lighting. And a tri-pod, which I didn’t actually need to use this time. And most of all a fabulous kitchen design which was to be expected. Dottie is a fabulous designer.

Hopefully by the end of next week the Hidden Moments Photography website will be all done. It is there and if you know where to find it you can go and look. But there is still some a boat load of constructing to do.

And I have to pick TSiL’s brain about it.

But I am not as scared with each job I go on.

NOW, I would like someone to step up to the plate and hire me to take baby pictures. Come on, you know you want to. 

6.
I have a love/hate relationship with the sun here at Chez Knit and in the Frozen Northeast Ohio.

Cleveland gets around 66 totally sunny days A YEAR. And we have around 202 cloudy days A YEAR (that means total cloud cover) with 97 partially cloudy days just for a change.

BUT, when the sky is a perfect blue and the sun is shining, like it is today.

Then I see how much I do not like to dust.

Darn it!

AND I found some upstairs windows that are going to need some cleaning.

Double Darn it!!

But it is sunny so really I cannot complain (too much)

7.
I can tell you that the whole NaBloPoMo thing is much more difficult that I anticipated. My brain doesn’t seem to want to produce any blog posts on the weekends.

I have also decided to take a break from blogging for the week between Christmas and New Years. Sort of a blogging recharging of batteries so that I can go into the New Year all ready to bore everyone to tears.

It is good to have a plan for world domination.

Or not.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.