Friday, November 25, 2011

7 Quick Takes (2011 Thanksgiving Edition)


Here we are again. Another week gone by. Don't forget that after you are done reading my turkey fueled blather you need to click on the picture above to be whisked, at the speed of my rapidly expanding waistline, over to Conversion Diary.

Let's blather!

1.
I ate WAY too much turkey

2.
I ate WAY too much pie and Birthday Cake. TMO made the pies and she is a stellar baker. I didn't get a piece of the Apple Pie but I am hoping today will fulfill that dream.

AND she made cake pops which are a speciality of hers. Those were particularly a favorite among the younger set.

And the dog.

3.
I laughed A LOT. Rip roaring, gut busters. That is what family is for.

4. 
Note to self....

Do not leave your camera on the table, in full access to unscrupulous cousins, while you use the bathroom. If you do then you might return to find pictures on the card that you DID NOT take and that cannot be displayed without heavy editing. Come back next week for further details.

My retinas haven't recovered yet.

5.
Yesterday I consumed, in no particular order 
Cinnamon Swirls
Bambi sticks
Bloody Mary
Nutmeg Coffee cake
Frittata
Fruit
Turkey
Turkey skin
More turkey skin
Beef tenderloin
Mashed potatoes
Stuffing
Onions Mornay 
Gravy
Red wine
Coffee
Pie
Cake
Macaroni and cheese

I am still full. And we have more partying today. 

Lord have mercy.

6.
Today is our annual "March of The Whie Elephants" which is just our way of saying that we are having our annual party to exchange useless items.

It is not out of the realm of possibility to open a box and find a ream of very old computer paper. Or a Plastic pink Flamingo. Cousin Tim always hopes for those. His wife Ardith....not so much. I wait with baited breath to see what I might unwrap.

And then I spend time trying to figure out where to hide the "gift" so I don't actually take it home.

7.
A Very Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!

Now on to the Christmas decorations.

After more food that is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.