Monday, February 18, 2013

Day 48–Swaying Beauty

Day 48 - Swaying Beauty_sm

Canon 450D; Tamron 18-270 @ 270mm; ISO 100; f6.3; 1/2000 sec

As I was returning from the morning walk….in 10F weather….I was struck by the sun shining through the heads of the ornamental grasses that are planted in the bed down by the street. Normally I don’t really think about them, except when I have to deal with the poison ivy that likes to grow in the stalks, but this morning they were absolutely beautiful.

So I flung myself out of the car, ran into the house, grabbed Old Faithful and allowed Max the Magnificent to go out and protect me as I tromped down to take pictures of the plant life.

Thank goodness the neighbors all know I am a bit on the “unusual” side.

Why else would anyone stand ankle deep in snow and photograph swaying grass fronds.

1 comment:

  1. Debbie, i think your photo is absolutely beautiful! That's what i always loved about you- your ability to appreciate the most important things in life. I'll never forget your passion for Earl Grey tea--with a little milk .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.