Thursday, February 14, 2013

Day 44–Just Waiting for a Bookmark

Day 44 - Just Waiting for a Bookmark_sm

Canon 450D; Canon 50mm f1.8; ISO 400; f5.6; 1/15 sec

The general thought that runs through my brain when I enter any kind of contest is,

Well, that’s done and can be forgotten. I never win anything anyways.

So imagine my surprise when I received an email from Michael over at Forgotten Bookmarks letting me know that I had won the Friday book giveaway.

WHAAAAAAAAA????

I WON???????

And it is books too. Oh be still my prodigiously palpitating heart.

Just about a year ago I mentioned Forgotten Bookmarks and the book of the same name that Michael Popek had written. It is still one of my favorites.

And now books from the actual person who wrote the actual book! How am I going to get anything else done today, I just want to sit down and read. There are some books that I am familiar with and some that I am not. There is Kipling! I love Kipling. There is H. Rider Haggard! I love HRH. The Last of the Mohicans! Longfellow! Ibsen! O Henry!

Oh heck. The ironing will still be there tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.