Tuesday, January 22, 2013

They Make My Heart Sing.

This morning when I arose from my lovely, toasty bed made with lovely toasty flannel sheets…..

It was a balmy 6F with a wind chill advisory and a Lake Effect Snow Warning as well.

Lovely.

And it is on days like this, despite the intermittent sunshine, that I like to just look at some of the things that I canned over the summer. Just to remind me that it isn’t winter all the time and that Christmas does come….eventually.

Peppers 2

I am going out on a limb here and say that one of the best things I did for myself last year canning wise, besides freezing enough corn to feed Montana, is I bought a peck of red peppers from a local farmer.

I bought them.

I roasted them.

I peeled them.

I deseeded them.

I canned them.

Essentially I made a gigantic batch of pimento peppers. And can I tell you that I use these things all the time. All. The. Time. In soup, in chicken enchiladas, in stir fry. And if you have seen the cost of a teeny tiny jar of pimento peppers you will want to do this as well. Also, the cost of red peppers in the wintertime is rather prohibitive, although I do occasionally buy one.

So, so worth the time. And really, it didn’t take all that much time.

Peppers 1

I mean who wouldn’t be happy with a bunch of jars of this in the pantry.

2013-01-20 15.46.53

Alpha I am not sure that I like those. They are red in color. They scare me.

Peppers 3

Happy, happy, joy, joy!

And next week…..I am making Pimento Cheese! Oh be still my palpitating cardiac organ.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.