Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 3–Socksapalooza

Day 3 - Jan 3

Canon 450D; Tamron 18-270mm @ 50mm; ISO 1600; f5.6; 1/15 sec; VC on

I bet you didn’t think you would come here today and see a photo of socks, laid out on the floor to dry. No one ever said that my photography was boring.

One of the reasons that I picked up knitting again after a 30+ year absence was because I felt the need, nah the obsession with learning to knit socks. I do not know why. I do not question the urge. I just went with it.

Today was sock washing day. Yes, some of these can be washed in the machine but I think that if I am going to spend 30+ hours on a knitting project then I am going to wash them by hand. We are bonded, my wool socks and I. I take care of them and they make sure that my feet are warm and my toes are toasty.

And on a day like today, when the temperature when I arose from my bed was a bone chilling 3F, I am glad for wool socks.

1 comment:

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.