Friday, January 25, 2013

Day 25–A Piece of Family History

German POW Time Book, Muscatine Iowa

Canon 450D; Tamron 18-270 @ 42mm; ISO 200; f5; 1/25 sec; VC on

My grandparents were from Iowa. And during WWII my Grandpa Pringle worked for the H. J. Heinz company. One of his jobs was to be in charge of the German POWs that came from a POW camp in Muscatine, Iowa and who worked for the H. J. Heinz ketchup factory.

This is the time book that was used to record the hours that each POW worked. And lest you wonder, they were all paid for their work.

I knew that Grandpa had worked for H. J. Heinz and I knew that he had been involved with POWs but I knew little beyond that. So you can guess that I will be doing some research.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.