Thursday, June 28, 2012

Strawberry Fluff

It is HOT today.

I hate hot weather.

I need something cool to soothe the sizzling. I need Strawberry Fluff. And you need it too. You need to know how to make this frightening simple and totally addicting bit of yumminess.

It is the perfect end to a hot and sizzling summer day.

And it is oh so simple. I love simple.

I will admit that the following pictures are not up to my usual. Blame the heat. Blame my overexcitement. Blame the fact that my brain had been fried from two hours in the back garden on a day when the temp was in the 90s. Blame whatever you want.

I will try to do better next time.

IMG_8814

This is all that you will need. Not too many ingredients and there is BUTTER and SUGAR! What more can anyone ask.

IMG_8816

You will also need some pretty containers to serve the fluff in. I lovelovelove these very cool canning jars. I found them at Wally Mart. They spoke to me from way back on a top shelf. They called to me and said that I had to take them home. I was powerless to resist.

IMG_8819

Mix 1/4 cup sugar to the graham cracker crumbs. Mix them all around.

IMG_8820

Melt the butter and then add it to the crumb mixture. Use a fork to incorporate the butter until all the crumbs are lovingly coated with beautiful butter.

I am really hungry at the moment for some reason.

IMG_8822

Evenly divide the crumbs between 8 containers or pretty dishes. Keep back about 1/4 cup of the crumbs to sprinkle on the top of the fluff. Set the containers aside.

Next put all the cut up strawberries into a bowl and crush them a bit, to release the strawberry juice. Let them sit for a bit and then strain the strawberries and the juice, saving the juice. Measure out the juice. You will need 1/3 cup of liquid. If you don’t have enough strawberry juice then just add enough water until you have 1/3 cup.

IMG_8823

Put the last 3/4 cup of sugar into a heavy bottom pan. Add an envelope of unflavored gelatin. Mix them together.

IMG_8824

Add the 1/3 cup of strawberry juice to the sugar/gelatin mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until…….

IMG_8825

The mixture boils. Do not walk away while you are completing this stage. Believe me when I tell you that it will go from hot to boiling over in a very quick amount of time.

Not that I would know anything about that.

Moving on.

IMG_8826

Add the gelatin mixture to the crushed strawberries. Put the whole bowl into the freezer and chill until the gelatin, you know, gels. It shouldn’t take long. Just give it a stir every once in awhile.

Once things are cooled enough take the bowl out of the freezer and add the Cool Whip. Fold the Cool Whip into the strawberries until it is all lovingly mixed together.

Evenly divide the fluff between the containers. Sprinkle with the remaining graham cracker crumbs and refrigerate until time to serve.

Or just stand by the sink and spoon it right into your mouth. It is so delicious that you…….

Never mind.

IMG_8829

Is it time for dessert yet?

Oh heck, I will just have dessert for dinner.

>>>> Strawberry Fluff <<<<

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.