Saturday, September 5, 2009

Mommy, Mommy, Feed Me!!!

Here I go again with the pictures from my office window. I do have to tell you that my telephoto lens is one of my favorite things in the whole wide world. I love it almost as much as HHBL....but not quite.

What I don't love is the dumb screens on the windows because they mess up my pictures. However, they have a "light limiting" property to them that is very helpful in the summertime, especially considering that my house has 45 windows. Yes, I counted....and I clean them twice a year so I would know. BELIEVE ME.

At any rate. I was sitting at my desk, wasting time working at my computer and observing the birds. All of a sudden there was all the tweeting and general loudness and this is what I observed.

This is a House Finch, a rather young one in fact which is surprising considering the picture was taken September 1. She was sitting right outside my window, all puffed up and squawking. Pretty soon along came momma.

And boy did the baby start making a racket then. Flutter, flutter, flutter. Moving up and down on the post doing it's own version of the Electric Slide.

I know this picture looks like the front cover of a Bird Harlequin Romance but really the adult bird was feeding the baby.

OK, that could be Birdy Fabio putting the moves on a female in distress but, REALLY, the bird was feeding the baby. No hanky panky going on here I tell you!

Oh my word, I am not going to be able to finish this post in the way that I thought because I am just going to keep thinking about all the romance novels that I read when I was in high school and.....OK, OK I read one or two in college.......FINE! I have read one or two since then but only because I need some light inconsequential reading in between the "weighty tomes" that I usually read. Pfffffffffft you people are so tough!

Now I am going to have to do a post on "romances that I have known". I will get on that right away.....after I watch the birds some more.

2 comments:

  1. I'm visiting from Amys Humble Musings. I saw your post on the mantra "I can't be crazy" all the way through the teenage years and laughed. I knew I would like you and sure enough I came on over for a visit and find I am laughing with joy.

    I will be back for sure. It is a wonderful thing to find other women who question their sanity - if only so that us mothers don't feel so alone.

    Ouida Gabriel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still waiting for the romances that you have known! What's taking you so long? This would be a hilarious topic!

    Ok, ok, I actually just read this post for the first time on June 29th, 2012 (it was in one of those boxes under "You might also like"). I'm hoping you get a notification so you find this comment. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.