Thursday, April 17, 2008

Spring has finally sprung (I hope)



Can it be? Do you think that Spring is actually here. Yes I know that by the calendar Spring has been here for almost a month. But if you live in Northeast Ohio like I do you know that the calendar is often a liar (sort of like Hilary Clinton but that is for another post). We had snow showers last week and a nice hard frost on Monday. However, the daffodils are out and the trees are finally budding so I think I can get my hopes up just a bit. Maybe. However, I know that you don't plant anything but pansies until at least Mother's Day.

Since it is the middle of April I have also put out the hummingbird feeders. I would expect to see the males in another couple of weeks. The first year that I had feeders out I didn't have a single bird. Those little buggers were around I just knew it but they weren't hanging at my house. The second year I had maybe two. But now, I have a ton and boy are they vicious little devils. They will dive bomb you if they choose and they are always chasing each other around. They sound like gigantic bees when they are hovering at the feeder and that always freaks Ashley out (which makes me laugh, sorry Ash).







Also, can I just say that I really hate deer. Don't give me that stuff about how picturesque they are and how could I hate Bambi. Bambi my big brown bahooki. Those things are just rats with hooves. I raise my fist in a Scarlett O'Hara moment and vow that I will win this war. I have the larger cranial capacity. Those things are just venison sausage in waiting. I spend all summer spraying my plants with liquids that smell either like a slaughterhouse or like vomit. Lovely.

1 comment:

  1. Three words: This 1 Works (at Petitti's). It doesn't smell and doesn't wash off when it rains. I just left a bottle outside your garage. I'm wondering how long it'll be before you read this comment and find out it was me. (What fun!)

    LLP

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.