Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Semi-Wordless Wednesday

Vote

Did you vote today? I hope you did. Don’t ever take that privilege for granted. Remember that we live in a country where men and women have given the last full measure of their devotion to ensure that you can get up on the first Tuesday in November to cast your ballot. We continue to live in a country where we can go to the polls and vote, without fear of being arrested and imprisoned for how we voted. There are so many people around the world that do not have that privilege.

Never take it for granted.

And just a teeny reminder. If you come to me tomorrow complaining about how the election turned out I am going to ask you one question, “Did you vote.” If your answer is that you did not then our discussion is over. My thoughts are, if you couldn’t take the time to vote then you don’t get to complain about how the election turned out.

Stepping down off of soap box now and going to have a piece of Halloween candy.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you. I have a matching sticker, and I plan on wearing it all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am often proud of our country, but never so proud as on election day. No riots, no gun-toting guards, and on the years when there is a complete change of the balance of power, it still happens peacefully and without violence. For years after we moved here, the volunteer who took your ballot would hand you your sticker and sing out, "Jane Doe has voted!" identifying each and every person who did their civic duty. Loved it, even though it seemed hopelessly small town. I voted absentee this year so I wouldn't have to stand in line, which is a good idea, but not quite as much fun as the real thing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.