Tuesday, April 17, 2012

May We Never Be Parted

Lookee what my parental unit, Papa, sent me!!

He has taken on the monumental task of converting to digital format his vast collection of slides. And it is a monumental task.

Vast as an ocean filled with old film.

Wide as 144 boxes of slides can be.

Filled with who knows what.

1960 Fall #71 Nov Deb red chair1960 Fall #72 Nov Deb red chair #21960 Fall #73 Nov DSA and Deb red chair

BIG RED!!!!!

Yes, that is yours truly.

Follically and dentally challenged.

Egads look at the size of my cranium!!

Oh but even at a young age Big Red and I were destined to be together.

IMG_7499

Oh Red, my reading and relaxing buddy. May we never be parted.

IMG_7497

This is what happens when you forget to move the tri-pod.

IMG_7479

And this is what happens when you would rather do anything else than clean. Even take pictures of yourself.

You may go on with your daily lives now. Big Red and I are going to have a long sit and chat this afternoon.

3 comments:

  1. you are an interesting bird.....



    Love your cousin,
    me

    ReplyDelete
  2. DAQ . . . doubtless you remember the story of "Big Red." Your grandfather DWA (1) purchased an entire red cowhide from a member of his Milwaukee church congregation who was in the leather business, and (2) had "Big Red" custom-made by another parishioner . . . Karl Eigenmann . . . who as I recall had been a refugee from Nazi Germany in the late 1930's. The chair would now be probably more than 60 years old.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.