Monday, March 19, 2012

Grandma’s Lemon Chiffon Cheesecake

When I was growing up this recipe was what I thought Cheesecake was. We went to Grandma and Grandpa Pringle’s house for Sunday dinner at least once a month and I knew that dessert would be pie or “cheesecake”. 

Imagine my surprise the first time that I had “real” cheesecake and it wasn’t what Grandma had always made.

But I will let you in on a little secret.

I like this recipe just as much as any cheesecake recipe that I have ever made. It is YUMMY. And best of all there is no baking involved and you can have the whole thing done in under an hour.

My kind of dessert.

I will admit here that I didn’t take pictures of the process. It is very easy. And when I was taking the pictures I was in a hurry to actually get the dessert done because I was serving it that night.
IMG_6440
This stuff is SOOOOOO good. A graham cracker crust topped with a heavenly mixture of cream cheese, cool whip, sugar and lemon jello. Yes, I said lemon jello.

IMG_6439
My mouth is watering.

You can make this one of two ways. Grandma always made it in a pie plate. A graham cracker crust topped with the cheesecake mixture.

I actually like to make it into individual servings. They look so cute and everyone thinks that you are a genius when you serve them.

IMG_6442
Oh look! There is just enough left for a small extra serving for the cook. 

IMG_6443
We are ALL about quality control here at Chez Knit

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.