Because it is Tuesday.
Because I managed a 5 mile bike ride this morning on my own without my
personal cabana boy trainer.
Because it is nice to see the sun after the tornado warning last night….we actually went to the basement and huddled in the bathroom down there. OK, Max huddled. I spent the time tweeting.
I feel like a list. A list of things that might seem disjointed and without focus.
But what else would you expect from me.
It is just a list of things that I like that might seem…odd to others. Or not. But this is my blog and I can be odd if I want to.
1. Sometimes I like to do things the hard way, the long way around, the old fashioned way.
I swept the deck today with my little old broom. Yes I could have gotten out the leaf blower and gone all nuclear on the oak tree fluff. But it was just nice to get into the rhythm of sweeping with the broom.
2. I cannot STAND to have anyone play with my hair.
And do not even touch the back of my neck or stroke it.
No! Do not do that! NoNoNoNoNo.
Yes that means you Mom.
3. If I really need to concentrate on something then I have to do it in silence. No radio, no TV. Silence. If I am listening to the radio while trying to write in complete and coherent sentences I just can’t focus.
4. Liverwurst+sweet pickles+mayo+toasted bread = a perfect summer lunch.
5. I cannot stand banana flavoring.
It completely stems from the incident with the Banana Punch and Everclear.
Enough said on that one.
6. I like the smell of the freezer compartments at the grocery store.
If you ever round the corner in the freezer section and encounter some strangely dressed woman with her head in the freezer section just taking big whiffs….
That would be me.
7. I love rain.
8. I cannot stand reality shows.
Dancing With the Stars – no thank you.
The Bachelor – I don’t think so.
Survivor – I would rather have root canal surgery without anesthetic.
OK, OK I have been known to watch shows that start with “The Real Housewives of….”
That is the exception to the rule.
9. I cannot stand flavored coffee.
Sometimes I think I am the only person in the world that doesn’t.
And now, there are people who have served it to me and are getting all, “Oh no! I served Debbie flavored coffee.”
Never fear. If that is all that is available I will drink it. But I am not a fan.
10. If I could have Kalamata olives for breakfast every morning I would be a happy girl.
I think that is all for the moment.
I am so boring.