Friday, January 15, 2010

7 Quick Takes (Vol 53)

7_quick_takes_sm

Well here we are again my bloggy internet friends. How the time doth fly from week to week.

1.
I had forgotten when a large amount of work it is to get a house ready to sell. Yes, we are selling Chez Knit and looking for something smaller. With all the progeny out of the house, at least most of the time, we really rattle around here. And it is a major booger in my day to have to clean this place. So, we are cleaning out and cleaning up and if you want to buy a house then just let me know.

2.
Had a strange, and decidedly annoying experience with Twitter on Wednesday. I '”tweet” using both Firefox (my preferred browser) and TweetDeck which is just plain awesome. I typed in the Twitter URL address in FF to do the first tweet of the day and……some woman’s blog came up on my computer screen. Huh? Who is this?

I backed out of that page and retried….same blog. Just as an aside, it was a blog that hadn’t been updated since 2007. Retry. Same blog. Retry. Same blog. RetryRetryRetryRetryRETRYRETRYRETRYRETRY. Arrrrrrrrgh! To quote Charlie Brown. Tried TweetDeck but no deal.

Same thing every single time. Clean out browser cache. Same blog. Clean out history. Same blog. Restart computer. Same blog. Oh for the love of Peter, Paul and Mary. Who is this person and why is she trying to make me crazy. So I told myself to step away from the computer and go do something else. And later in the day……Twitter was back. Weird.

3.
Can I say that BBC America has some REALLY unusual programming. Perhaps it is just my American sensibilities but I don’t think that any of our national networks would show a program on “Perfect Private Parts”. I am hoping that I don’t have to explain to any of you what the program was dealing with…..PLEASE don’t make me tell you. But just the thought that woman are worried about having perfect private parts just boggles my mind. REALLY!!!

And yet, it was a program that I just couldn’t turn off. It was loathsome and yet I could not look away. And I learned a lot that I didn’t really want to know about perfect provate parts and what women do to achieve that ridiculous thing.

4.
Happy Birthday (one day early) to my step Mother-in-Law Linda
IMG_0497
Linda you are an excellent MIL! thanks for teaching all of us how to play Mah Jongg.

5.
January is my lazy month. It isn’t that I say to myself, “I think I will be lazy this month!” it is that I just can’t get myself motivated to do anything constructive. Perhaps it is because November and December are so busy for me that when January comes around my brain just says that I have done enough. This month has still been busy because we have had to get the house ready for selling but it has been tough getting myself motivated. All I really want to do is sit in a chair with a cup of tea and a book. And most days I can’t do that. Rats!

6.
Recently, on a forum that I frequent, someone posed the question, “What would your dream job be?” An interesting question to be sure and one that I have yet to fully answer for myself but the first thing that did pop into my head was “Personal Organizer”. Organizing things just puts a “jazz” in my step. Don’t know why but there it is. I wasn’t always organized, as HHBL can attest but once I put my mind to it and stuck to it then, well, organizing and I were made for each other. But I am wondering, would it also be a frustrating job. People say, “I am going to get organized, but I just need a little help.” And if you help them and they just don’t stick with it until the habit is ingrained does that make the organizer frustrated. I don’t know………

7.
There is no #7 this week. I am a bad girl and a slug but the words just ran out before I got to #7. Usually I keep a little “electronic sticky note” on my desktop that I keep Quick Takes ideas listed on. And it was blank this week when it came to #7 and so there is no pithy thoughts on the things that have been going on around here at Chez Knit.

I hang my head in shame and I will do better next week. See I told you that January was a bad month for me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.