Monday, December 7, 2009

It's Party Time!

For the last 10 years, on the first Monday in December I have given a small party for friends and neighbors. It is the Annual Ornament Exchange at Chez Knit. If you want to know how the whole thing works you can read about it here. The house is clean, the decorations are up, the food is pretty much ready....and I can put my feet up, rest for a bit and talk to all of you.

As a little thank you to the friends who come to the party I give everyone an ornament to take home. This isn't the ornament that they stole picked during the actually exchange. No, it is one that I made with my own two little hands.

Patting self on back
in a very humble way.

You know me, I can't sit still and just watch TV, I have to be doing something. And it is also that I just want to fall on the floor when they all walk in and thank them for actually liking me enough to come out on a cold December evening.

At least I assume that they like me.....and they aren't just coming for the food and the slush punch.

Hmmmmmmmm, OK I had better get back to what I was actually trying to tell you. So, I thought I would show you a selection of the ornaments. Each year has a unique one and once I am done making the number needed for that year (usually between 25-30) then I never make it again. Because I am just so sick of making them by that time that there is no way that I could ever reproduce them.

So without further blathering on my part here they are, in no particular order of year....the ornaments

These little suckers were made with that sculpy stuff that you roll out and bake. You will notice that there is only ONE year when I made ornaments using this stuff. It was a pain in my big fat bahookie and I went back to sewing or knitting. They did turn out cute though.

I am particularly fond of these ornaments all though, again, they were a pain to make. But when I conceived the idea, standing in the shower, I just knew that they would be darling...and they were.

These were last year's ornament. I was REALLY into knitting socks last year and figured, heck I can do 30 little socks. It can't take me that long. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

And now........

if you don't want to see what this years ornament looks like you should stop reading right now. That is fair warning to those of you who read the blog and are actually going to be at my house tonight.

I mean it! Stop reading right now if you want to be surprised.

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Mittens!

10 comments:

  1. AWWW! Teeny tiny mittens! There are so cute. You're awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I like the knitted mitten and socks best. But I bet you made only ONE sock and ONE mitten and not a PAIR for each person. Right? LOL. Next year, maybe a knit mini-sweater?

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cute! I enjoyed all the ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright, so I have zero self control and couldn't resist the temptation!!! Can't wait to hold one of those cutie mittens in my hands. You amaze me and I can hardly wait to dive into all the yummy food and slush in only 2 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope I knew you wouldn't be able to resist scrolling down and taking a peak!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanna come...I just wrote a post about my exchange today. I can't knit so no great take aways other than what you steal : ) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. darn...wish i was coming over. how cute and what a great tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for yet another amusing evening Deb!! I love my little striped mitten, the ornament I stole (mua ha ha!) AND for giving me your extra little snowman ornament that I didn't get a previous year.

    A very fruitful evening indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All very adorable ornaments! I really love the snowman, too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ummm...didn't I comment yesterday? I thought I had. Am I losing my mind? Yikes!
    Anyway, I'll try again--my favorite of those is the little snowman with greenery on his head, and I'd love to know what materials you used, if you get a chance to come tell me. I want to make some!
    (If this comment disappears...uh-oh!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.