Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Day 110–Violet My Violet

Day 110 - Violet My Violet

Oh violets. How I loved you when I was growing up. I loved the way that you would hide in the grass in peoples lawns. A bright burst of purple in the intense green of Spring grass. I loved that I could pick you and suck out the little bit of sweetness from the bulb at the back of the flower. Of course I so wouldn’t do that now because of the whole treating the lawn with fertilizer thing.

Violets you were my Spring time friend.

And then I grew up.

And then I found that really, violets may LOOK all happy in the grass. But then they decide that they want to live in the flower beds too. And when you decide that isn’t a place that you want them to be they do not go quietly into that good night.

They cling to the earth with tenacity. We struggle in a fight for landscaping bed supremacy.

And sometimes I even win.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.