Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Day 84 - Necessity Is The Mother Of Febreze

Perhaps you are wondering why my photo today is of a spray bottle of Febreze. There is a reason and it goes like this....

HHBL and I took a red eye flight home from Tucson. We arrived in the Frozen Northeast Ohio at 5:56a this morning after a 3.5 hour flight where I attempted to sleep but was fairly unsuccessful despite wearing my stunningly beautiful eye mask and neon orange ear plugs. Don't you wish you could see THAT picture. As of the writing of this stellar post I have been up for approximately 30 hours.

I went to pick up Max the Magnificent from the kennel at 8a. When I arrived I found that Laurie, the wonderful woman who runs the kennel, thought I was arriving in the afternoon and had not given Max a bath that he so desperately needed.

I took him home anyways because I didn't want to have to come back later to pick him up. I just didn't think I was going to have the moral fortitude to go out again. It is cold out there!

I knew almost immediately that I probably should have left Max at the kennel for a bath. He was rather doggily fragrant. That means that I almost choked on the drive home as waves of warm and sweaty dog smell rolled over me.

I then had the brilliant idea that I would give Max a bath myself, despite the fact that it is only 38F today. Caulk that stellar idea up to the fact that I have had my little blue peepers open for so long.

I couldn't find the dog shampoo.

I had to go out and buy dog shampoo.

I decided after getting home from buying the dog shampoo that I was just too tired to actually give Max his bath.

And that meant that he continued to stink to high heaven and I was at a loss as to what to do.

What to do? What to do? What to....

Hey! I wonder if I could use Febreze on the dog???

And I can say that, after extensive clinical testing, OK a couple of mists, that it works pretty well

Oh Alpha I smell so fresh and clean!


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.