Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Day 76 - Quail Not Quayle

When we visit HHBL's dad and step-mom I spend a vast amount of time being obsessed with the Quails that are all over the place. I can hear them in the arroyo and next door and all over. And until today I had not been able to get a really good picture of one. They are skittish and FAST. Oh are they fast. You startle them and they are gone in a flash, running down into the brush in the arroyo where I am definitely not going to follow them. there are snakes down there. And the occasional bobcat. But today, thanks to patience and the trusty 18-270mm lens I managed to get my best picture in about ten years.

That isn't saying much but I am still happy.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.