Friday, March 1, 2013

Day 58–Celebrating Bob

Day 58 - Celebrating Bob

Canon 450D; Tamron 18-270 @155mm; ISO 100; f5.6; 1/800 sec

I will say right off the bat that I have no idea who Bob was but I can tell you that he had some friends who loved him very much.

When we were in Florida last weekend we took the opportunity to go and get the annual Grouper sandwich. I would love to have more chances to have Grouper sandwiches but I only go to Florida once a year so this was it. When we walked into the Old Marco Inn there was a sign directing us to the left to be seated. But there was also a sign pointing to the right. The sign said, “Bob’s Celebration of Life”. Very simple. We went to the left, waited our turn and in due course were seated outside on the deck in the lovely warmth and sun. We were about 3/4 of the way through our lunch when I saw a number of people walk across the deck, coming from our left and ending up at the very large flag pole around which the deck had been built. All the tables full of people continued on with their meals, paying no attention to this group of people.

All but me.

I watched as they all gathered around the flag pole and lowered the flag to half staff. Then they all raised their glasses of liquid or their bottles and cans of beer and they toasted Bob and his life. It was obvious by their faces that they loved him a great deal and they missed him.

I quietly reached down, grabbed Old Faithful and snapped one picture.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.