Tuesday, December 18, 2012

6 Months of Blog Header Blather

Have you noticed the changing blog headers?

I am hoping that you are saying a big YES! to your computer screens. If not then we have to have a talk about your observational skills.

I realized in June that I really needed to sort of “mix it up” in the blog header department. I was bored with the one that had been there. It, perhaps, had been there for almost the entire life of the blog. As enduring as the Sphinx. As boring as bananas.

Are bananas boring? Hmmmmm.

But the realization of my blog header boringness set off one of my interesting internal conversations. Yes I talk to myself! Who better to answer my questions than me.

I don’t want to change. Change is hard. I want things to stay the same. It is easier that way.

Change is good Deb. Change is good.

I don’t KNOW how to make a blog header. I don’t WANT to learn to make a blog header.

That is what the internet is for! Let your fingers do the searching. Put on your big girl panties and DO IT.

And so I did and found that it wasn’t all that difficult after all. I produced the first one and I knew I was hooked. Of course when the next month rolled around I couldn’t remember how I had made the blog header and I couldn’t find the website that had the instructions and I had to do the internet search all over again. Sigh. But now I have the whole process down pat. Set in concrete like Jimmy Hoffa’s feet.

And so I thought, as one of my end of the year posts I would just gather all the blog headers here in one place so that we could enjoy them together. When I change out the old header for the new one at the beginning of the month then you don’t get to see the old one anymore.

I know you have been feeling bereft about that.

I don’t want you to feel bereft about anything.

June 2012final

July 2012

August 2012

September 2012

October 2012

November 2012

December 2012

I have been amazed at how much I anticipate producing these things at the beginning of a new month. I have little post it notes all over the place with possible blog “tag lines” that will eventually make an appearance.

Ah the simple pleasures in life.

3 comments:

  1. Too cute! And how DID you make the blog header???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heheheeee! I love your conversations with yourself. The only header I don't remember seeing is July, but I imagine I was busy being a poolside bum instead of reading blogs (sorry!!!!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm liking the many faces of Max. So cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.