Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Be Prepared. And Be Scared.

This is sort of an anticipatory post.

Because, you see, Papa (my parental unit) has bought a new slide scanner. You know, one of those things that you can scan your slides and make digital copies of them.

You do know what slides are don’t you?

Well, Papa has his new toy and he has been diligently using it. Going through his approximately 23,000 slides and scanning them.

Ummmmmm, I wasn’t joking about the 23,000 slides. Really. Boxes and boxes and boxes and boxes of slides. Slides from way back. Way, WAY back. And once he gets done with scanning the best of them you know what that means don’t you?

He will give me a big DVD or perhaps more than one DVD full of pictures.

And that means more Pictures From The Crypt.

Be prepared.

And be afraid.

So, in anticipation of this coming pictorial event I thought I might pull out a picture or two that I have in my own archives.

another litter

I am not sure at all what I think I am going to do with that scrub brush and a box full of kittens.

birthday party 1964

Lordy I loved that hat. Can you see me down in the bottom right corner? That hat was pink and fuzzy with bird down. I hope the bird didn’t mind giving up it’s feathers. Oh and in the upper right hand corner is Aunt Bean. We have known each other a LONG time. You need to go over and check out her blog. She is one smart cookie.

DAQ and Ann Schoenherr

My cousin Ann is a much more well mannered person (and child) than I am. She holds the kitten very nicely. Me, I want to smell it’s fur and then SQUEEZE it until it meows.

Or poops.

Early mind control

Dwebbie, just wisten carefuwee to de sounds. Soon you wilw do my bidding. You wilw wend me your sailor hat.

GLP and friends 1928

The above picture will abundantly explain why I am the way that I am. The man in the lovely checked pinafore with the fabulous falling down socks and brown sturdy shoes?

That is my grandfather.

Need I say more?

image 2010-5-13 0007

The dog belonged to my piano teacher, Mrs. Augsburger. He played the piano better than I did. But then she liked him better than she did me. She made me wash my hands before touching the piano and yet she let the dog put it’s little grubby paws on the keys!

image 2010-5-13 0023

For the LOVE of all that is holy! Who cut my hair like that? I look like a deranged pumpkin.

In the Dirt Nov63

You would be smiling too if you managed to get your brother to wear your grandmother’s hat!

RCA DAQ on pony 64

She won’t wet me dwive the horsie!

Shut up and smile for the picture. I’m in charge of the horse!

May 72

I don’t know what is worse, the pants, the shoes or the fact that it doesn’t look like I have washed my hair in a month of Sundays. Or even brushed it for that matter.

I had better stop now. But be afraid and wary and scared. You never know what is going to come next in…..

The Pictures From The Crypt

4 comments:

  1. I am so, so glad that we weren't close friends back then. So, so glad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how much you look like Bethany! The spitting image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE those pictures!!! and those high water pants are the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, weren't we adorable?! Thanks for the mention!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.