Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Dang It! Where Is It?

I am searching, searching, searching for something.

I know that it is there somewhere.

In a box in the basement. Packed safely away.

And I cannot remember which box I put it in. And for some reason I didn’t write on the box where it is located.

And I am very, very frustrated.

Very

Frustrated.

And in these times my perfectionism rears it’s ugly head. And I rail at the sky and say,

I NEVER lose things! Where is it? It cannot be too far away! I NEED to find it. Why didn’t I mark that box better. What was I thinking. I have failed.

And it is making me crazy. Or more off kilter than I usually am.

So I have taken a break in order to complain about it to you.

And I have taken a bit of time to ask the Lord to help me find this item.

Because I really, really need to find it.

Do you know where it is?

Rats!

Neither do I.

2 comments:

  1. It will be in the very last place you look...that is how it always works for me. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie W... Your comment reminds me of a George Carlin routine. He had said that "of course it's the last place you looked! Who would continue looking after they found it??" (He, of course, probably added a expletive or two to the comment.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.