Friday, March 21, 2008

Things That Make Me Happy Part 1

My favorite oldest daughter, Ashley, occasionally posts a list of things that make her happy. I think that is a very good idea and so I will begin a list here. I think I will especially need it today as it is 1. the first day of Spring which should be a happy event but 2. we have a Winter Storm Watch and 3-6 inches of snow predicted.
  • swirling leaves in the Fall
  • early mornings at the cottage
  • black olives!!
  • the sound of my daughters laughing together
  • that fist cup of coffee in the morning (even though it is now only decaf)
  • making bread
  • having a book in your hand that you have been just dying to read
  • knitting socks
  • liverwurst sandwiches with sweet pickles and mayo (stop that gagging!)
  • the sounds of the birds first thing in the morning. I get up when they do so we greet each other.
  • rainy days when I don't have to go anywhere
  • organizing something
  • Jon and Kate Plus 8
Well, I think that is all for now but I will try to make this a fairly frequent thing. I think it is a good idea to sit and purposefully think about the things that make you happy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.