Monday, November 15, 2010

I Am Scattered and All Turned Around

And that was really too long a title for a blog post. But you know me and words.

We skip hand in hand through the day.

Some of you might have guessed that I was traveling last week. I accompanied HHBL to Florida so that we could indulge in an orgy of baseball. He played and I watched which is the way it should be.

You do not want me to play baseball. It just isn’t pretty.

But we are back now and I will be opining on the trip over the coming days……the warmth…..the baseball……the no hot water at the hotel and therefore no hot showers.

But today I am all at sixes and sevens and trying to get my life back on track. That is the one thing that I really don’t like about traveling. It takes me the same amount of time to get back in the swing of things as it does to take the trip. The two week trips are a real killer. I really just want to sit and reflect on the trip and the fun that HHBL and I had and……

I think I digress.

I am trying, trying, trying to get through my “to do” list today.

Laundry: on my third load (and I did two loads when we were gone!)

Cleaning: BWAHAHAHAHA are you kidding me??

Baking: we are out of bread so I have bread dough rising. I am using a new recipe from a book that I actually won over at Books and Chocolate. And just as an aside, could there really be a better name for a blog!!

Prepping for HPDH: That would be Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows. My scarf and socks are done, washed and are blocking. I finished both of them yesterday in an orgy of knitting. Now I will just count down the hours until Friday at midnight…….tick…..tick…..tick…is it time yet?

Grocery shopping: managed to get this done and only had one teensey weensey little tiffle with the jerkette who blatantly and unapologetically cut in front of me in the line at Walgreens. GRRRRRRRRR.

Getting my bible study done: Oh I am SOOOOOO behind on this. So behind. And I hate that because there really is no excuse other than I was a total lazy bum last week and just didn’t do it. Baseball called my name.

Baking pumpkins: there is a local church that sells pumpkins every year as a fund raiser. I kept meaning to buy some but never did. When I drove by this morning they still had a bunch out on the front lawn. So I turned in, quickly I will admit and maybe with squealing tires, went to the office and asked about them. They let me have two of them free of charge!!! So the pumpkins are baked and are cooling so that I can scoop out the flesh, process and freeze. And I am soaking the seeds in salt water so that I can roast them later. Yum

And because I had so much to do today I also decided that I would move my compost bin. The compost bin that has been sitting in the same place for about 10 years. The one that was a 1/4 full of lovely compost but also had tree roots that had grown up in it. The compost bin that was a big old booger to clean out and move and has made my back into a creaky mess.

Because you know I don’t have enough to do today.

Oh my gosh my back is killing me.

Is it Wine o’Clock yet?

2 comments:

  1. I do that to pumpkins too! However I haven't gotten any yet this year. Maybe this weekend.

    Post the bread recipe!!! I always use the bread machine for a quick loaf, but am always looking for a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose you don't want to know that I haven't read a single Harry Potter book or watched an entire movie. True though. Don't know why. Just haven't.

    This was way much like a quick takes, in case you're curious.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.