Friday, April 9, 2010

7 Quick Takes (Vol 64)

7_quick_takes_sm

Hidy Ho Neighbors! Hope that your Easter weekend was wonderful. We had beautiful weather, for once (bitter much Deb).

1.
Do not insult knitters. You never know what might happen. They might make you learn to knit
For some reason Live Writer won’t let me center this video and that is offending my sense of what is right in the world. We will just have to live with it. This video came from my knitter friend Jess (Hi Jess!). We met on Ravelry. Life has never been the same.

2.
I am now convinced that there is a “dog telephone tree” in my neighborhood. We have dogs all around us, most neighbors seem to have one. They are barking all the time. Winnie, across the street, barks at anything and everything. Most of the time Max doesn’t flinch, doesn’t move, doesn’t react. But then there are those times when Winnie starts to bark, it sounds the same to me, but to Max it is like a call for the Charge of the Light Brigade. He is up, he is scrambling to the front windows, he is on alert. I couldn’t figure it out. And then I say the gas meter lady drive down our street and pull in at “Winnie’s house”. Winnie is barking, it sounds the same to me, but Max. Up, running, on guard. It all sounds like bark to me.

Of course, once the meter lady is gone then he has to run around madly in the yard, sniffing everything. And then, because he has been running around he has to “do a dukie” in the yard. The dog has his routine you know.

3.
Who said that winter could return? I want to know who ordered it so that I register my complaint. Of course, on Monday and Tuesday I was whining because it was 82F and I was hot, especially when a hot flash would come rolling through. But now my feet have gone back to being blocks of ice and I have on a jacket. Of course, I will fling the jacket off soon as my internal Mt. St. Helens erupts in a pyroclastic flow of heat and sweat. Too much for you there?

Sorry.

4.
Wow, we have a wedding in six weeks. Six weeks from today The Engaged One and TASiL will be husband and wife. Yikes. And I am supposed to have a Mother of the Bride dress by then. I am having trouble with the whole dress thing. I have to admit that I haven’t looked to much yet and I know that I have to. I am not a real big shopper but I know that I have to get just the right dress. TEO if you are reading this don’t panic, I will find the right dress by May 21st and it won’t be red (darn it).

I have to say that I am still having trouble getting my head around the whole wedding thing.

Six.Weeks.

5.
For my birthday HHBL took me to the Cleveland Symphony, an excellent gift I might add. He knows me well. They were playing at Kent State rather than Severence Hall. We had some time to kill before going into the auditorium so we were walking around and came upon this written on the sidewalk….

IMG_5366A Well now I don’t know. I think if I was a donut I might be a chocolate glazed. Straight forward, sweet but certainly not too sweet, nothing hidden inside. What you see is what you get.

I am hungry now.

6.
Well, after a run of lovely days with really warm weather winter has returned. Sigh. We were lulled into a false sense of warmth and Springtime, thinking that perhaps, just perhaps, this year would be different. That for once it would warm up and stay warmed up. That we could fling open the windows and say, “Yes! Spring has sprung.” But nooooooo, warm weather is dangled in front of us and then ripped from us and replaced by rain, cloudy weather and yes, the dreaded “S” word.

I forgot for a bit that I live in the Frozen Northeast Ohio.

I have lived here for 25 years, you would think I would remember that we have had major snowfalls in the month of April.

Hope springs eternal.

7.
You know, sometimes it is the little things in your day that give you the biggest sense of accomplishment. I say that because yesterday I finally conquered the DVD player that is in the Family Room.

I can hear what you are thinking. You are thinking, “Um Deb, DVD player, not so complicated my friend. It isn’t rocket science you know.” Yes I do know thankyouverymuch. And even though I knew that it wasn’t, yet it stymied me. Had to know which remote to use for which task. Had to know which input channel was for the DVD player (there are 6 input channels I think). Finally! I got it right without losing my religion, throwing down the remote and stalking off to watch the DVD in my bedroom, where the DVD player is a part of the TV.

I have been tired of watch my Netflix in the bedroom.

I have conquered the DVD player. Now on to the rocket science.

It involves math?

Never mind then.

7 comments:

  1. Where do you find these videos!! Makes me want to knit ~ but I promised Heather our spare time would goto scrapping first. And, I agree completely about the DVD players. I didn't even learn to use ours until Derek went to China and I realized I better get a lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wedding dress. Don't wait five weeks.
    DVD player...when our daughter went off to college we all of a sudden had to become technically proficient. We also had to buy a dishwasher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our weather is waffeling between the remnants of winter and the beginning of spring too. A little frustrating in the clothing department; jacket/no jacket...

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least it is not going to be a major snow event. Just a reminder of where we live.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to go ahead and advise you not to get a white dress either. That may not go over very well.

    If I were a donut, I'd be a hot glazed donut from Shipley's. They are Heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would be a glazed doughnut...WITH a cup of Dunkin doughnutcoffee.

    Wow...a wedding...congratulations and condolences. I can't even wrap my head around my kids leaving home. Neither one has ever gone on a date...so, the idea of them getting married is so remote to me, that I really can not imagine it. It has to be a wierd and wonderful ying-yangy experience. Best wishes to you, HHBL, and your daughter.

    Where did you live before Cleveland???

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.