Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Acorn Mittens

What is that you are asking yourself, I know that you are. Well I will tell you what it is SUPPOSED to be. It is supposed to become a mitten. But Deb (you say) you have never knit a mitten before. Yes, that is correct but there is a first time for everything. I didn't know how to have children the first time either and I still attempted that. Look how well they turned out!

I saw the mittens, already knit up in my LYS and I knew I had to try. It would be easier, I think, if the directions were written out a tad bit better but the Acorn Mitten and I are struggling along together. They are being knit with a Andes 100% wool yarn, Color #12. There is snow on the ground right now so the thought of toasty warm mittens is nice. These things may not get done until Spring but I can then just anticipate using them come fall. Lovely.

1 comment:

  1. Deb: I am so seriously impressed! What an earth mother you are. Next you'll be making organic wine in your cellar and growing coffee beans in your garden!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.