Saturday, July 5, 2014

It Just Seems Wrong

I just have to say this. It just seems like an offense to be sick in the summertime.

I never like to be sick, it ticks me off. I hate feeling unwell. Wintertime is when you expect to get sick. It is cold and wet and raw outside. Being sick in the Winter still sucks but you sort of expect it. It isn't as much of a "hardship" to curl up inside and drink hot tea and stay in bed, knitting and watching Netflix as you attempt to find your health again.

But being sick in the middle of Summer?

That is just wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Yesterday was the 4th of July and I had the energy to do exactly one thing, go to the Indians game and stay for the fireworks afterwards. Believe me when I tell you that I did myself NO favors by doing that. My voice was already iffy by yesterday afternoon and then I spent the evening talking and yelling at the top of my rapidly dwindling voice to try and make myself heard over the sell out crowd.

This morning.....is not good. I sound very similar to Marlon Brando in The Godfather. Thank goodness I do not yet LOOK like Marlon Brando but I might if I don't get better and start walking again.

That is the other thing that I resent about being sick, the fact that at the moment walking any distance is not something that I can do well without huffing and puffing. We walked into town to get hamburgers on Thursday and it liked to kill me coming back up the insignificant hill leading to Chez Knit.

Whine, whine, whine.

Today it is off to the West Side Market to buy my annual sampling of liverwurst plus maybe some popcorn and frest fruit and some meat and most probably some pasta from Ohio City pasta as well as possibly some olives from the olive vendor and perhaps a fritter from Fritter Mountain. Also perhaps some bacon and who knows what other delicacies that we might find. Then it will be on to lunch, I think, at Market Garden Brewery where hopefully I can have some microbrew to kill this infernal bug. Then church in the evening and finally.....

I will curl up in bed and die.

I hate being sick in the summer.

1 comment:

  1. Hope today finds you much much better, thanks in part to doctors beer and liverwurst.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.