Friday, July 5, 2013

7 Quick Takes (Vol 220)

7_quick_takes_sm1

Well, it is officially July. How can this be. That means we are over half way through 2013. Gad!

You know the Friday Declaration. When you have done your patriotic duty and read my blather you need to click on the picture above to be whisked, at the speed of Edward Snowden trying to find asylum somewhere, over to Conversion Diary to see what everyone else has been doing.

I’m a Yankee Doodle Blatherer

1.
Well, we are going to look at houses today. I haven’t shopped for a house in fourteen years. SO strange.

But exciting.

No, we haven’t heard how the inspections went but it is a holiday week. And we have heard through various grapevines that the buyers have told people that they are moving to our development. So unless they have made an offer on more than one house in the development…..and the only other house that is for sale is our neighbor….then I guess we are really moving.

Now to find some place to live.

2.
I am of the firm belief that everyone should treat their possessions as if they are moving every couple of years. It forces you to clean things out, or at least it aught to.

HHBL and I spent a good portion of yesterday cleaning out, organizing, going through. Even though I have been doing that off and on for the last four years there is STILL so much that we just don’t want to take with us. A lot of it is going straight to the area in the garage designated for a Volunteers of America pick up just before the move. Some of it can be “monetized” and sold on Amazon or Craig’s List. And several things we have given away.

SO going for a simpler life.

And once I divest myself of the mountains of scrap booking stuff that I KNOW I am not going to use but continue to keep I am going to feel even freer. More on that later I think.

3.
image 2010-5-13 0013

I am SO EXCITED for the weekend. I am going to get to hang, for about 36 hours, with these lovely ladies (minus Pilot Man). We haven’t seen each other in a LONG time.

A. LONG. TIME.

I am so excited that I can hardly stand it.

And they should be glad that we are going to be no where near Cantigny Park cuz if we were I would SO make us recreate this photo.

Brenda, Barb and Mary I’m comin’ to see ya!

4.
I tell you guys, I am really having a hard time with my 365 project these days. It isn’t that I don’t take pictures daily. We all know I obsessively do. It is just that life is conspiring against me to have anything on my brain other than work or wedding or house moving. June was a vast waste land and July isn’t going to well either.

I hang my head in shame.

And I will try to do better.

And now that TSiL has purchased the same camera, has started a 365 project AND is a better photographer than I (darn it), I had better get back on the ball.

But I am not competitive or anything.

5.
The obtaining of the MOB dress has been achieved!!! And I didn’t even have to buy it.

Short story (I hope).

Tuesday was the designated “I must get my MOB dress” day. The pressure was on. I took my fashion consultant, Kim, along with me. She would keep me in line and she has a better “eye” for these things than I do. I really hate shopping for dresses. We found a dress that looked good but Dilliards didn’t have the right size. But they DID have the right size at the mall another 30 minutes down the road. So we bought the bigger dress, drove over to the other mall, tried on the smaller dress (which fit perfectly), did the exchange and were on our way.

And then Kim reminded me that she had a dress at home that I should try on as we are the same size. So away to Kim’s house we went. I tried on the dress……

It was the one.

So, I am going to return the other dress and borrow Kim’s dress. Now to get shoes.

And because I have so much time on my hands (insert sarcasm here), and the wrap that I was knitting for the dress doesn’t go with the actual dress as well as I might have liked………

I am casting on another wrap today.

No need to tell me I am an idiot.

I am well aware.

6.
Finally got out to pick some cherries this week at our local orchard. I have never actually picked cherries straight off the tree before. A very easy and VERY sticky proposition. Thank goodness it was early and the bees weren’t out yet.

I have to say that I didn’t think these cherries were as sweet as I was perhaps anticipating. But that is OK. I picked 5 pounds and froze them. I can use them for jam or more likely for fruit leather during the winter months. They will bring a burst of color, flavor and summer.

7.
Burlap is a pain in the bahookie to work with.

I just thought you should know.

In order to get the smell out that stuff needs to be washed multiple times. And then your washer will smell like burlap for a bit.

Nice.

But the table runners are about 50% on the way to being finished. So pretty soon burlap and I can have a trail separation.

The table decorations are going to look SO cute so I guess it is worth the pain and burlap smell and all the burlap “fluff” that floats around when you work with the stuff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.