Friday, December 23, 2011

7 Quick Takes (Vol 147)

7_quick_takes_sm

For the LOVE of Peter, Paul and Mary it is my last 7 Quick Takes of 2011. How did this happen? Where did the time go? Yes I know that there is one more Friday in the year but #7 will explain.

You know the rules. After you are done being absorbed into the collective reading my blather you need to click on the picture above to be whisked, at the speed of fast approaching 2012, over to Conversion Diary to take a look at what others are doing.

And now on with the blather.

1.
I have assimilated Shoe Queen into the Barnes and Noble Nook collective.

Have I ever mentioned that I have a Nook. Specifically a Nook Classic. HHBL gave it to me the Christmas that they first came out. Aragorn and I have gone many places together and been very happy. But there comes a time in every relationship when things change. And that time had come for A and I.

Because, you see, there is a new toy on the block. Mr. Wonderful aka the iPad. And Aragorn wasn’t getting the use that he had in the past because Mr. Wonderful has the Nook App downloaded. But what to do with Aragorn? He still had life in him. But Barnes and Noble is soon to cast off all the Nook Classics into unsupported oblivion.

Ah, but there was a special this week. Turn in your old Nook Classic, purchase any of the three  current Nooks (Simple Reader, Color or Tablet) and get a $50 B&N gift card. And it just so happened that Shoe Queen was very interested in an ereader. So I made a deal with her. I gave her her birthday money (she will be 21 next month!!), she put that towards a Nook Color…..

And I pocketed the gift card. Nice deal.

We have seen very little of her since she got Mr. Nook powered up.

And I have spent a chunk of the gift card.

2.
I am going to confess…….

I have yet to do our Christmas card/letter/whatever.

Shocker!!!!!

I think that by now I am just going to have to figure that I will be a trend setter and make it a “New Years Greeting” letter.

Cuz it so isn’t going to get done before Christmas that is for sure.

3.

I KNOW that I said that I would never go to another midnight showing of a movie.

I might have been lying just a bit about that. I would think that there is a pretty good chance that I will be seeing this one at midnight.

4.
I am declaring next month as “Totally selfish knitting and reading” month.

It totally works with the fact that when January arrives I just sort of lose my mojo big time. That may be because I am so busy in December. I can’t just slack off totally because I do have to work.

But I bet I can get a lot of knitting and reading done in between.

5.
Oh after the holidays are over it is going to be tough around here at Chez Knit.

There is going to be crabbiness.

There are going to be headaches.

There is going to be moaning and wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Why you ask?

Because we will be doing the annual “cleaning out of all sweets and junk food”. All those lovely little (and large) containers of holiday goodies that people have given to us or I have made. And those sweet nuggets of goodness.

And because all of that stuff will be going bye bye that means that I will be wandering around every afternoon looking for something to eat that isn’t fruit.

It isn’t going to be pretty but it must be done.

6.
TMO and TSiL arrive some time today.
IMG_4608A

HURRAH!!

But we will be without Cartoon Girl this year as she has to work the day before and the day after Christmas.
IMG_4617

BOOOOOOO!

However, Cartoon Girl had the brilliant idea that we could all be on Skype together when we are opening the presents that she sent.

As Freeman, my Amish carpenter, would say.

Yah, we can do dat. (you have to say that with an Amish accent to get the full effect).

7.
I am taking my planned annual blogging break next week. Unlike my unplanned semi-break this week. I really didn’t have that much of an excuse other than I was just lazy.

So sue me.

At any rate, I will be back on January 2 with a review of 2011 and all the boring and semi-boring things I did.

There might be pictures.

There might be blather.

Be prepared.

IMG_4672AIMG_4680A

And until then have a Very Merry Christmas, and for Bonnie, Norma and Amy a Very Happy Hanukkah and a Happy New Year to all.

4 comments:

  1. A year?! We have to wait a YEAR for "The Hobbit"? That simply won't do!

    By the way, my Christmas card is in your mailbox. Since I didn't get the rest of my cards to the post office until today (barely in time for the 2:30 pick-up), I figured that at least one could reach its destination before Christmas. You make me feel better knowing that someone is actually farther behind schedule then I am!

    Thanks for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LaurenLeep- you know I always have your best interests at heart!! Hey YOU can go to the movie with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have joined the Nook collective, too. Thanks, Santa! The little guy wanted a laptop, but he is six, for crying out loud...so we settled on a tablet for the fam...And he is distracted by his Harry Potter game, so...I might need tips on Nook use without going broke. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures are fantastic!

    So I just saw the Hobbit trailer today and posted it to Facebook and have watched it twice. Did I mention we saw the LOTR in concert? Where the orchestra plays the music as the movie runs. It was very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.