Wednesday, December 24, 2008

If you find faults with our country, make it a better one. If you're disappointed with the mistakes of government, join its ranks and work to correct them. Enlist in our Armed Forces. Become a teacher. Enter the ministry. Run for public office. Feed a hungry child. Teach an illiterate adult to read. Comfort the afflicted. Defend the rights of the oppressed. Our country will be the better, and you will be the happier. Because nothing brings greater happiness in life than to serve a cause greater than yourself.
John McCain

I think John McCain is absolutely correct. I know that I am a happier person when I serve others in some capacity. I spend at least 20 minutes a day serving Socks For Soldiers, knitting for the men and women who serve in Iraq and Afghanistan so that I can be safe here at home. An article appearing in today's Galion Inquirer covers who we are and what we do as well as telling you about our fearless "Sarge".

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.