Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Movies

I will let you in on a secret........we love movies around here. What! someone told you that already? Oh, maybe it was me. Hmmmm. Well, in the spirit of the season I thought I would provide you with a list of my favorite holiday movies. They are presented in no particular order and I suppose that they could be watched at any time of the year but I really only indulge in them during the month of December. So, drum roll please......

Come To The Stable: who couldn't love a Loretta Young movie
The Bishop's Wife: ah Carey Grant. I could just watch him all day long
A Christmas Story: go here to see my thoughts on this one
It's A Wonderful Life: not my favorite perhaps because it was on so much in years past
How The Grinch Stole Christmas: the original one not that Jim Carrey monstrosity
White Christmas: my favorite Christmas movie of them all
Christmas in Connecticut
The Man Who Came To Dinner: I love anything that has Monty Wolley in it
Holiday Inn: Bing Crosby AND Fred Astaire. What could be better

I am sure that there are more movies for the holiday season. What ones did I miss?

2 comments:

  1. Am I the only person who has never even heard of A Christmas Story? I will absolutely rent it this Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that you haven't ever heard of A Christmas Story!?! Of course, it wasn't a big thing until a couple of years ago. Before that we lovers of this movie were in the wilderness.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.