Friday, September 12, 2014

7 Quick Takes (Vol 276)

7_quick_takes_sm1

Friday has rolled around again despite my thinking that I lost a day or two this week. Where DO the hours go?? You know the orders from on high. When you are done diagraming all the sentences here you need to click on the picture above to be whisked, at the speed of Winter coming, over to Conversion Diary.

Blather that is relatively sane.

1.
Yelling at the copier when it will not do what you want it to is rather useless. Cursing at it under your breath is also not a great way to get it to print out the collateral material that needs to be printed and put in the folders and shipped out to parts unknown.

Threatening to get out all of my calligraphy materials and do it that way didn’t seem to phase the copier one bit. It just laughed at me…and continued to print blank pages.

Kicking it felt good but still did not yield results.

But the pain from my foot took my mind off the pain of not having the collateral that I needed.

All 800+ pieces of it.

The problem was finally resolved after I got the IT guy involved.

Stupid copier.

2.
Taxes, and the figuring out of them and when to pay them and who to pay them through is a tool of Satan and the government.

I have made it through most of the taxes and I have a spreadsheet with all the dates that taxes are due and where they get paid and they have all been entered as tasks in my Outlook calendar for the next 6 months.

That isn’t too obsessively over the top is it?

My brain hurts severely.

I had to have ice cream to soothe it.

3.
Even as you are reading this I am most likely on my way photographing another Towards Employment graduate. I can hardly wait to tell you all about them AND the company that they work for. Funny story about that too.

Sarai 2

Strength and power and dignity and joy all rolled into one little person!

4.
Yesterday was our last poultry CSA pick up of the year. I have been stock piling so that we have enough chicken to last until next June when the CSA will start up again.

I don’t think I can even buy chicken from the store again. It just doesn’t taste as good as the birds that we get from Brunty. 

The weather was going to be bad yesterday evening and so I ended up getting there just a bit early and had to wait for a few minutes for the birds to be packaged. It gave me time to do a bit of “shopping”. I bought breakfast sausage in both links and bulk.

Sunday brunch here we come.

Do you think 5 whole chickens and 8 cut up chickens is enough to get us through? I am worried.

5.
I spent one more evening out on my driveway photographing the Supermoon. The sky was definitely not as clear as in July and August and I was just plain tired on Tuesday night. But I sort of like this one. The clouds were moving at an incredibly rapid pace and….

well…..

I just like it. It needs a bit of work, this is almost straight out of camera. I just “tweaked” it a bit. When I have time…whenever THAT is….I will play some more.

Super Moon and clouds 9-9-14

6.
I am totally obsessed with watching the Holderness Family on YouTube.

7.
LOOK! It’s Instagram photos. Because I have to have all the adulation and attention.

2014-09-05 20.09.59-32014-09-05 22.19.45-22014-09-07 11.17.25-22014-09-07 11.57.30-22014-09-07 16.39.06-22014-09-08 06.29.46-32014-09-08 08.17.432014-09-08 14.05.45-22014-09-09 06.12.53-32014-09-09 13.03.54-22014-09-10 16.43.222014-09-11 18.10.32-2

1 comment:

  1. Can I tell you how much I look forward to your Friday posts? The moon photo is wonderful, but the dog nose? Perfection. I spent almost 30 years as an accountant-ignoring the bit about taxes. They still give me nightmares!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.