Friday, September 5, 2014

7 Quick Takes (Vol 275)

7_quick_takes_sm1

I am late! Time got away from me. That is my excuse and I am sticking to it. You know the rules and routine. Once you are done here you need to click on the picture above to be whisked, surely at a faster speed than my updating iPhone, over to Conversion Diary.

Tally Ho the Blather!

1.
Even though it is HOT outside……

It smells like Fall.

And the light has taken on a different quality. It just screams shorter days and Fall.

And the sun is just barely thinking about coming up when I pull my aged body out of bed.

I have a feeling that Fall is just around the corner.

Especially considering the high tomorrow is supposed to be a blistering 69F with rain.

2.
One of the nicest things about being a free lance photographer is that I can do a favor for a friend and if I want to do it free of charge….I can.

Today I spent some time taking interior shots for a friend who has put her house on the market. She is a knit sib and I was uber glad to be able to haul Big Bertha and several tripods and all the lenses (even though I only needed the wide angle) over to her house.

The extra added bonus was that she had made lunch for us! Plus I got some kitty time with her three furry children.

That is what I like about working for myself.

3.
I love music. Have I told you that? I still remember what it was like to learn to put the record on the record player and have the sounds of Simon and Garfunkel appear from the speakers.

You do remember a time before digital music and iTunes and iPod’s right? You had to PUT the record that you wanted to listen to onto the turntable. You didn’t take all your music with you wherever you went. 

iTunes is just another way for me to hoard something. Music tracks.

Children…..I have almost 11,300 songs stored in my iTunes and therefore available to me on iTunes match. I am almost embarrassed to say it.

I cannot buy any more music until I have listened through ALL of those songs.

That most likely means that I can never buy any music ever again.

Pshaw! We know that is unlikely.

4.
While we are on the iTunes vein of talk. You won’t know this but I started writing this blog post several hours ago. I had intended to post it somewhere around 2pm……

Because I cannot do just one thing at a time I was writing a blog post and doing my once a month hard back up of iPhone to computer and I was surprised to see that I had very little space left on the iPhone, which I have never actually named, poor thing. It goes through life just being known as Debbie’s iPhone. I should give it a name.

But I digress.

Shoot! What could possibly be taking up all that space. It isn’t photos, although you would think that would be it. I regularly delete photos from my iPhone after I back them up to Drop box and my computer. It couldn’t be that. I am a tad bit behind on listening to all my podcasts so that is a bit of space. I store only a bit of music on the phone, I usually listen with iCloud, so it couldn’t be that. All my audiobook are on Dahling (the slowly dying iPod touch), so it couldn’t be that. I regularly delete emails, so it couldn’t be that.

And then I realized…..

It is the txt messages.

I send a lot of txt messages over the course of a day, week, month, year. A LOT. I like to see the ever increasing thread of messages that the progeny and I send back and forth. And then there is the ummm, how shall I put this, slightly off color and often riotous thread that the cousins have going. I don’t want to lose any of those txt threads. But I need room on the phone.

So I just spent 90 minutes researching what to do about transferring txt messages from iPhone to computer (of course it is not cut and dry and you ALWAYS have to pay someone for the privilege of doing it) and buying a program that will download all those messages to my computer and store them so that I can review them at leisure. They are like a revolving letter that we have been sending back and forth and I don’t want to lose them.

Once I was sure they were safe I deleted most of them……and got back almost 2 G of space.

Good golly.

5.
Isn’t it always the way that when you are busy then you keep adding more and more long term projects to the list of things to do.

You do that right?

Right?

Hello?

FINE!

I have had oodles and boodles and tons of time on my hands the last twelve months. And did I make headway on any of these long term projects that I have on my list?

I did not.

And now I have a part time job.

Insert dope slap here.

6.
Guess where we are going to be in a bit of time….

DSC00254

HHBL has a conference in Washington, DC. TMO and TSiL live in Washington, DC. We are going to sleep on their floor. I have an entire DAY to myself to wander the Mall and go all over. I am so excited that I don’t know what to do.

The same day that we arrive…..TMO gets home from a MONTH long work trip to Ghana. Yikes. But she says she can handle it.

Just pray that I can handle the floor.

7.
Instagram. Because I am behind schedule and because I can.

2014-08-30 13.07.572014-08-31 08.58.15-22014-09-01 17.51.55-22014-09-05 07.12.24-32014-09-05 11.12.00 - Copy2014-09-05 12.29.50 - Copy2014-09-05 13.35.18 - Copy

1 comment:

  1. I watched the documentary "Alive Inside: A Story of Music and Memory" last night and I highly recommend everyone watching it. it's about Music and Alzheimers. your iTunes playlist brought this to mind---your family will know what to play for you if, God forbid, that time ever comes. I'm making a list of music to put with my medical directives so if my family will know what might touch my spirit. I don't use my ipod at all, I know. I'm much more into audio books these days, so I made a list of music.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.