Saturday, September 1, 2012

Things To Do? What Things To Do?

Tonight is the last summer concert at Blossom. We are going with some friends. There is food to make.

I am shooting a wedding tomorrow. There are preparations to make.

And what do I spend a boat load of time doing this afternoon.IMG_9500A

Why taking pictures of the humming birds of course.

And I was just so frustrated with the fuzzy, woo woo quality of the photos because I was shooting through the light limiting screens that we have on the windows…..

I took the screen out. Heck, we would have taken them out in a month or so anyways. So what if Chez Knit is on the market and one of the windows in my office now looks funny.

Sacrifices must be made for art.

IMG_9521

Much better. Hopefully no one drives by and sees me hanging out the window with my camera and long lens attached to my face.

IMG_9520A

The feeder greatly resembles O’Hare Airport on a Friday afternoon before a major storm. Everyone is trying to land. The clump of bees will get so large and vigorous that they all fall off and then fly back to start all over again.

And then there are the humming birds that are also trying to feed. Everyone gets a tad crabby and aggressive. There is much buzzing and chirping and trash talk.

IMG_9510AIMG_9513A

I am sorry but I am totally fascinated by the tiny birdy feet.

IMG_9524

Coming in for a landing…..

IMG_9523A

ABORT! ABORT! ABORT!

IMG_9526A

Coming in for a second try after a go around.

IMG_9527A

Success! Mid-air refueling accomplished.

I have so much to do.

And yet I cannot resist the siren call of the humming birds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.