Saturday, November 15, 2008

An Unexplainable Cunundrum

So here's the thing. If you are acquainted with me you will know that I love rain and rainy weather and cool weather and fall and I hate (HATE) hot weather. If I go too long without rainy weather it effects my mood. Yes I know that is strange but no one ever said that I was like other people. It is just the way that it is and this is the way that I have always been.

So, knowing that about me then how do you explain my absolute love for Arizona? I mean really, it doesn't rain here very often I can tell you. And it is sunny A LOT. And the landscape is dry, dry, dry.

But some how that just doesn't matter. When I am here visiting the in-laws I just love it. I love the mountains. I love the landscape, the brown austereness of the hills and aroyos. I love Southwestern art and history, the toughness that people needed to survive in this unforgiving landscape. I love the casualness of the people and their friendliness.
I love the Saguaro cactus and how there are no two that are alike. How they have to start their life under the shade of a Nurse bush because the sun is bad for them and that they have to be at least 50 years old before they will start to grow arms. I could look at Saguaro cactus' all day and never be bored.

This is one of the unexplainable conundrums of my odd way of looking at life. It is what it is and I don't think it is going to change.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.