Sunday, July 13, 2008

Knitting Update



I realized that I haven't done a knitting update in a while. I know that you have been waiting patiently to know what I have been working on. I can see it in your eyes. So here you are.

These are my Handsome Devil socks. They were the socks for June/July at Six_Sox_Knitalong @yahoo.com. I loved these! The pattern wasn't all that difficult and the result is very nice. They fit great. Now if it would just be cold enough to wear them.

These are my Scales Skins socks and I am lovin' them so far. Evidently this was an old pattern from Six_Sox_Knitalong from 2006. Someone mentioned it in the forum but the pattern was no longer available in the group archives. But the internet is a beautiful thing so I just Googled them and found several different variations. I am using Jitterbug yarn in the Colorway Raspberry. The yarn is manufactured in Wales and is a dream to work with. I am definitely going to get more of this stuff (not that I don't already have a ton of sock yarn).


This will eventually be a hat for Caps For a Cure, a group that I belong to on Yahoo. We knit hats and caps for cancer patients. The pattern is Little Cables and I am working with some yarn that I think I purchased at Michaels a time ago. It was already wound into a ball and I didn't have the label so I can't tell you what it is. It is sort of a tweed and it is knitting well although I think the hat is a tad big.


And finally, a scarf that I am knitting with Noro Silk Garden. This will end up to be a rather expensive scarf because the Noro isn't cheap. However, I loved the rainbow colors and couldn't resist when I saw it. My friend Cindy made a throw with this yarn (at staggering cost) so I elected to just do a scarf. Wasn't sure about it at first because the Noro isn't as soft to the touch as one could want but it is going OK.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.