Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Friends Are Friends No Matter Where You Live

I think that one of the things that we always worry when we move from one place to another, even if we haven’t moved all that far, is will our friends from the old neighborhood still be our friends.

The answer, at least in my case, is yes.

I went to a small gathering of my old neighbors this morning. A gathering organized to introduce the new neighbor, now occupying OCK, to the ‘hood. And it was so much fun. And I was reminded, yet again, that distance doesn’t matter in real friendship.

It made a gloomy and now rainy day just that much better to sit with old friends and new and catch up on all the stuff that is going on. And I was again reminded that there was no possible way that I could EVER get out of having the annual ornament exchange. Laura figured that they all would have just showed up, invitation or not. They all know that it is always the first Monday in December.

They have all bought their ornaments already.

I love my friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.