Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Ramblings

OH my gosh guys, I really do miss you. I miss our little talks, one sided though they may be. I miss thought vomiting all the minutiae of my day onto your computer screens. All the stupid things that I do.

This whole having three jobs and still finding time to blog thing is not treating me well. I think, "Hey I should tell the few people that still follow me about that!" and then life walks up with it's steel toed boots and just gives me a swift kick and it never happens. Life you are a mean bully with yellow teeth and bad breath.

Whine, whine, whine.

Where was I.

Oh yeah, life. Do you know that at one time I actually thought that once the progeny went out of the house for good and onto their lives that I would have all of this time on my hands to be creative and do things and...

The cosmos (and probably you as well) is laughing at me. Big belly laughs of incredulity that I would ever think such a stupid thing. Life is just kicking my big fat bahookie and I am just saying, "Please sir, may I have some more." Maybe 2017 will be better.

I am thinking that I am going to rely less on pictures and more on words as we go along here together. So, if you are all, "but where are all of the pretty pictures," you might be disappointed. There are still pictures, have no fear, and I MIGHT have a new camera body that, if I wasn't married to HHBL I might marry it. Oh my word and all the stars in heaven it is beautiful and heavy and doesn't play well with half of my lenses so I might have to purchase a new lens next year. 

Maybe I will stick with iPhone pictures, of which I take a vast amount. That cannot be a surprise to you. If it is you haven't been here for very long.

 Here, this is me riding an indoor carosel with a bunch of other adults, all with drinks in our hands. I lead a wild and crazy life during the holidays. Actually, this was at a holiday party that HHBL is invited to that I also go to as they are a client of mine. The intersections of life.

I also just need an outlet for all of the words and feels and you get to be it. Well, you and my journal which gets ALL OF THE FEELS. Don't you feel privileged! The one thing I won't talk about is politics.

Can I tell you something......

I didn't tell ANYONE who I voted for (except HHBL who I tell everything to except for how much I spend on yarn). And I am not going to tell anyone who I voted for. And I am thinking that this will be my rule from now until the day that the Lord calls me home. Politics = a toxic pool of swamp water that someone is going to get their panties in a wad about. So not worth it.

So, all the words to say that I am still here. I will try to do better. I just don't think that it is time for me to pack it all up and go home.

Unless you tell me I should.

2 comments:

  1. SO GLAD !!!! that you are still here. Have missed your blog for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are here! I can so understand the sentiment of having one's children grow up and move away....in my case they're both back. Someday I'll have a life of my own...maybe.

    Have a very Merry Christmas. A drink and carousel sounds like a great way to start. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.