Sunday, February 8, 2015

Pistachio: A Still Life




Sometimes when I least expect it, and perhaps because my brain is wired differently than other people (stop that laughing), I will be compelled to take a picture of something that makes no sense to the general population.

Case in point.....the Pistachios.

For the last several days we have been eating down the bowl of pistachios. Pistachios are the potato chip of the nut world. You think you will only eat one or two. You tell yourself that you will only eat one or two. Then you open one....and then another....and pretty soon you look down and there is a pistachio shell cairn in front of you and you aren't really sure how many of the little nuggets of green goodness you have put into your every expanding maw.

This happens to all of you right?

RIght?

Hmmmmmmm. Well, I digress.

This morning I walked by the bowl of pistachios sitting next to the bowl full of the remnants of our pistachio consumption and into my head popped the thought....

A PICTURE! A picture of an unopened pistachio next to the exoskeleton of the pistachio next to the as yet unconsumed nugget of goodness. I couldn't do anything else until I set the photo up.

HHBL: What are you doing?
Me: Taking a picture of the pistachios.
HHBL: Yup.

In all honesty I am not the person who thought this up. The lining up of things that are related in some way. Emily Blincoe is a master at it and I am obsessed with her photos.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery right?

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely!

    BTW, I've never actually eat a pistachio...though I suspect my penchant for macadamia nuts would rival your enjoyment of pistachios. Luckily neither grow here in Saskatchewan and the price of macadamias means I rarely purchase them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.