Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Putt-Putt

So, I am having to drive a rental car for the next several weeks. We have had to play "musical cars" and I drew the rental straw. I mentioned several weeks ago that my youngest daughter had an accident (not her fault thank goodness) with resulting damage to "Annie" the little orange Aveo. So, we drop the car off at the dealership to have the damage assessed and fixed. We knew that it would be a day or two before the thing was done so the dealership gave us a rental. No prob.

Imagine our surprise when the dealership tells the DH that the car won't be done for......2 weeks and the repairs are going to cost......$3500!! Oh I am so glad that we don't have to pay for that. But that also meant that I would have to drive the putt-putt mobile for a while.

This is the weirdness of the situation. The rental is very bare bones (it is a Enterprise rental after all). There are no power door locks or power windows. I haven't had to actually roll down a window in a car for a LONG time. The first time I had to do this I actually had to stop for a moment and remember the arm motion. That is just sad. Also, you have to visually look to make sure the doors are locked. Oh the agony!

But, the crazy thing is. For all the bare bones nature of Putt-Putt she actually comes with Sirius Satellite Radio! Huh? Yup, I might have to actually expend arm energy to roll down the window but that won't matter in the long run because I am going to have an accident while scrolling through all the channels that this thing has. 180 channels! All Elvis! Bill Bennett! A channel just for music from the 1940's! Audiobooks! Sports (nah who cares about that), News! The possibilities are endless. I am hooked.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.