Tuesday, December 9, 2014

A Gift to Myself

Oops, I didn’t mean to take a break from blogging. Life is just a bit on the busy side at the moment. Don’t leave me.

Please?

And yes, I know that I owe you a post on the Ornament Exchange. I will get there…eventually.

Now back to our regularly scheduled blather.

SO, I have given myself an early Christmas present. Actually, this may be the first time that I have ever deliberately given myself a gift at Christmas. It just hasn’t ever been something that I thought about doing. Don’t know why. Just is. This little acquisition has been in the back of my mind for some time now. It wasn’t going to be all that cheap, as most of these things never are, and I had to think about it for a time and save some money. In fact, I saved almost all of the money that I earned hanging with my boyfriend. I squirreled it away and watched the amount grow and grow. Then, when it was a nice pile of legal tender I took it and…..

Put it in the safe for 6 months.

No, I didn’t put it in the bank. If it was in the bank I might have put it to a different use. I put it in the safe for a very specific reason. I wanted it to be there and I wanted to have some time to really think about this purchase. I wanted to see if my enthusiasm for “the thing” and what “the thing” might be able to do would wane over the course of time.

You KNOW how that is. You think about something that you are ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that you must have to make your life complete. The world will be a dim and dismal place if you do not have that very thing right this minute. But you don’t get it and after time you realize that you don’t REALLY care about it and aren’t sure why you ever wanted it in the first place. Don’t lie to me and tell me that that very thing has never happened to you.

I will know if you are lying to me. Don’t think I won’t.

So I waited. I went on with life. I thought about “the thing” and my enthusiasm for it never waned. Not one little bit. Zippo. Zero. Nada. If anything it increased.

Today, the thing arrived on my doorstep…….

2014-12-09 15.24.11

Do you know what it is?? Do you??

That my friends is my new Canon 100mm f2.8 macro lens.

Oh shivers of joy and excitement that I cannot even convey to you. No, you have no idea how I squealed and jumped around when I came home from some errands and there was the box sitting by my garage door. I knew it was arriving today, I have Amazon Prime so I knew. But still, the excitement was a bit on the excessive side.

I have taken 6 pictures.

I am in love.

Burros Tail aIMG_9626_aYarn of my heart a

You are going to get SO sick of macro pictures of everything in my world. But I really don’t care. Oh my gosh I have always loved macro photography and I can hardly wait to explore.

Now if I can just find the time.

Does someone have a few extra hours that I can borrow…or days.

3 comments:

  1. Hey - you should be excited - it is okay. You are an artist and this is your craft. We will love all your macro photos. But especially the ones you will be snapping of Max - an eye, a nostril, a whisker...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you! I'm going to look forward to your macro photos; I think that last one might be yarn, but it's so macro it looks almost like baling twine. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jealous. Definitely jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.