Saturday, January 12, 2013

Day 10–New Growth

Day 10 - New Growth

Canon 450D; Tamron 18-270mm @ 100mm; ISO 400; f5.6; 1/20 sec; VC on

This little shoot came from one of my spider plants. It was at the end of an offshoot and when I trimmed it off the plant I didn’t think there was any life left in it. That MIGHT have been because I had forgotten to water the plant for….a while….but I am always the eternal optimist when it comes to plant regeneration (I get that from my mother who can make anything grow) so I stuck it into a small pot with some soil and put it by the kitchen window and the kitchen sink. The first so that it could get some good sunlight in the winter and the second so that I could actually remember to water it. And there it has dwelt for about 6 weeks or so., looking pretty sad and forlorn and dry. It’s pot mate died almost immediately and I didn’t think this one would make it either.

But I was wrong.

There is shiny new growth and I am please.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.