Tuesday, January 1, 2013

365 Project–Day 1

January 1

The Blue Bird of Happiness Is A Big Fat Bully

Canon 450D; Tamron 18-270mm @ 270mm; ISO 100; f6.3; 1/160sec; VC off

I have been toying for a while with the thought of doing a 365 photo project. But I have been reluctant because it seemed such a big commitment. However I am going to give it a go and we will see what happens. The purpose of this project really is to help me to slow down and be thoughtful in my photography. I have been reviewing all the photos that I took in 2012 and I have to say that I take too many of them. I find myself falling into the trap that digital photography sets, the one where you take a boat load of pictures and hope that some come out rather than slowing down and taking shots that count, as you would if you were working with film and had a finite amount of shots that you could take. As HHBL would tell you, I am not always a patient person.

I KNOW that is a surprise.

This is not “in lieu” of my regular posting but in addition to it so that just makes me, in the end, an idiot. I am sure that there will be times when I don’t get the photo up on the exact day that it was taken but I will endeavor to keep as current as possible. I am going to put them up as a regular blog post PLUS I will put the pictures up on the page that is titled “365 is A Big Photo Number” just so that they are all in one place. The blog posts will have commentary, the photos on the 365 page will just have the day and the title, if there is a title.

I am hoping that with this project I will continue to grow in my skills.

Or not but just have fun.

Today’s photo is the Blue Bird of happiness who is really a big bully when it comes to the suet feeder.

2 comments:

  1. Great shot of the bluebird! Can't wait to see more as the year goes on. I'm searching for other 365er's to follow and encourage along the way. I'd love to have you stop by and check on my progress at http://mattucker365.blogspot.com I'll check in on you tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be looking forward to your photos and cheering you on in your ambitious project!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.