Friday, March 22, 2013

7 Quick Takes (Vol 207)

 

Here we are, Spring has sprung. And most of the Midwest has gotten more snow. Mother Nature is a mean momma.

You know what you must do. When you are done gathering my Spring bulbs of blather you need to click on the picture above to be whisked, at the speed of my fast approaching Easter candy saturation, over to Conversion Diary to see what is happening in the wider blogging world.

I am the Easter Bunny of Blather.

1.

Yarn diet? What yarn diet? I don't know anything about a yarn diet. The Pagewood Farms spoke to me and I could not resist it.

And then there was the Alpaca Sox.....

And the Berroco Ultra Alpaca Fine in a startling green, Bonnie Harden sort of color.

But I stopped before I bought the Dream in Color which was $30/skein.

But oh I wanted to.

2.

Have you heard the news about Google Reader?? It goes bye bye forever on July 1. When I heard the news I tried not to panic. I use Google reader for all those darn blogs that I cannot seem to stop reading. What to do!!!

The sky is falling! The sky is falling.

OK I have myself in hand again. I am going to give Feedly a try. I have been using it on my iPad and I really like interface so maybe that will be what I use on the computer too.

I hate change.

3.


I love Xena Princess Warrior.

But.....

She has a tendency to leave "presents" on the oriental runner in the hallway of the in-laws house. Do you know how hard it is to see a steaming pile on a busy Oriental runner? You know where I am going with this don't you.

I missed that freshly sown poop pile on Tuesday. Or I should say I missed SEEING that pile. Because I sure didn't miss it with my flip flop. But I didn't realize that I had scored a direct hit on the poop land mine until I have walked the length of the runner, into the kitchen, back down the runner and part way to the bedroom.

Super FANTASTIC!

Why am I always the one who steps in poop?

4.

The great thing about vacation? Well, other than this sunrise view every day....


It is the fact that I can sit and read or knit all day without guilt or laundry or work calling my name. Indulging my lazy slug tendencies on an hourly basis. Yes, I know that when in my home habitat and could also sit all day and read or knit.

But I just cannot give myself permission to do it. I have tried valiantly and it just doesn't work, too many other things call for my attention.

Vacation was made for reading "World War Z" by Max Brooks. That is really not my normal cup of tea reading, although I have certainly loved Justin Cronin's Passage series. Not sure what I will read after I am done with this book, today I would think. I am not short on reading material, the iPad being a great one for feeding my book hoarding tendencies.

What to do, what to do.

5.

I think it snowed at home.

I am sorry.

It has been sunny and 80F here.

Don't hate me.

6.

Another excellent thing about vacation?

I eat things like large pulled pork sandwiches smothered in cole slaw with a side of Texas baked beans and potato salad without guilt.

And I have had a donut just about every day.

But I took a 4 mile walk this morning so that cancels out the donut I ate afterwards.

I am all about the healthy life you know.

But we won't talk about the fabulous gelato I had yesterday.

7.

I am sorry to say that I have become a lazy blogger recently. I am sliding by on my 365 Project and nothing else.

Bad Debbie. Bad, bad Debbie.

Some days I get the picture post up and then lose all a blogging mojo for another post. And I sometimes fear that I am overwhelming you with two posts a day and that you will leave me because of my excessive love of posting.

I will try to be much better starting after Easter. I have a bunch of blog posts forming in my head so be prepared.

8.

Yes, I know there should be only 7. This is a bonus to tell you that there won't be any blogging next week other than the 365 Project. End of vacay and Easter Week and all the recovery from vacay. That means that there will not be a Quick Takes on Good Friday. We will pick up where we left off on Easter Monday.

I love you! Don't leave me!

 

1 comment:

  1. Of course we won't leave you. You're on vacation, you can even take a break from the 365 project, although I do love seeing the pictures you come up with.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.