Today I am 53 years old. Let us have a list of 53 things that you might or might not know about me.
1. I love my toe rings.
2. Beets. Love. This applies to asparagus as well.
3. the smell of Spring blowing through the open window makes me smile.
4. The smell of library books shoots me right back to childhood.
5. As much as I want to, I am not allowed to be on the National Bone Marrow Donor Registry.
6. Liver is a tool of the Devil – except in liverwurst form.
7. I am completely addicted to documentaries
8. I hate to swim in the ocean. There are things below me that I cannot see.
9. cartoon Girl and I want to do a movie podcast….if we could ever find the time.
10. Craft beer is the only beer to drink!
11. Olives are the food of the gods!
12. If I am stuck in a crowd and I can’t see where I am going I panic
13. I love the smell of other countries.
14. Rain at night is a fabulous sound.
15. As hard as I try, I cannot make apple pie like my Grandma Pringle could.
16. HHBL is my best friend.
17. I cannot eat pineapple. It hates me.
18. I sleep with the covers pulled over my neck and head.
19. Not all that fond of bananas.
20. NEVER wear pantyhose.
21. I have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Baylor University. Sic ‘Em Bears!
22. I have never regretted having a hysterectomy.
23. A day cannot start without coffee.
24. If I had my way I would go to bed at 9p.
25. The smell of Easter Lilies makes me gag.
26. I organize when I am nervous.
27. Sometimes I obsess.
28. Knitting is life.
29. I loathe fudge.
30. I am deathly afraid of spiders and snakes.
31. I was born to be a photographer.
32. At 53 I finally feel like rules are meant to be broken.
33. I can live without cookies but I LOVE chocolate cake with white icing.
34. I have a constant “negative soundtrack” running in my head that I battle daily.
35. I never drink diet soda – I dislike it intensely.
36. I loved being a “SAHM” (stay at home mom)
37. I will never be svelte again and I am OK with that.
38. I share a birthday with Adolph Eichmann
39. When I am really angry I don’t yell, I speak quietly. Evidently it is scary.
40. Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto #2 makes my heart fly.
41. I talk to myself all the time
42. 50% of my days I forget to put on makeup
43. I cannot stand to have anyone play with my hair.
44. I cry at the end of “ET” every single time.
45. Perfect day: Rain, books, knitting, Netflix, coffee
46. I dread parallel parking.
47. I snore…a lot….and loudly
48. Black licorice good. Red licorice bad.
49. I could live without beef for the rest of my life but not without bacon.
50. Exercise and I are not very good friends.
51. I like all types of music…..except Rap.
52. I said yes to assisting with brain surgery and garnered an A in the class because I did so. AND I also got to suck out brain tissue so that was an added bonus.
53. I eat pickles every day.
Thank goodness THAT is over for another year!