Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Day 57–Glad To Be Home

Day 57 - Glad to be Home

Canon 450D; Tamron 18-270 @ 240mm; ISO 1600; f5.6; 1/8 sec

When HHBL and I are going out of town and it is possible, we take Max the Magnificent with us. But Florida just wasn’t in the cards for him, although I saw more than my fair share of dogs at the airport and on the plane, owners in tow.

When he has to stay home he stays at the kennel where he gets to run around with the other dogs and bark all day long. But when I pick him up from his vacation he always does the same thing.

He barks and whines all the way home.

He runs inside and checks everything out.

Then he runs outside to use his own “facilities”. I mean, don’t we all like our own facilities best!

Then he comes back inside where he gets a treat for his efforts.

Then he has to go back outside again just in case he forgot to “do” anything.

He comes back in and gets another treat.

And then, FINALLY, he heaves a big sigh of happiness, throws himself down on the floor and sleeps for the rest of the day.

And in order to get this particular picture at this particular angle and not have any camera shake (1/8 second is a bit slow of shutter speed) I had to lay down on the floor, place my camera on the floor and then angle the lens up just a bit using my camera strap, folded up a bit and stuck under the lens.

The things I do to get the picture I envision.

1 comment:

  1. He looks absolutely exhausted! But a good kind of exhausted.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.