Saturday, February 9, 2013

Day 40–A Medical Wish For All

Day 40 - A Medical Wish For All_sm

Canon 450D; Canon 50mm f1.8 @50mm; ISO 800; f6.3

Not the artsy picture you are used to, I know. But this is a picture that I wanted to share with you. This morning HHBL and I had the privilege to be able to spend a few hours volunteering at MedWish. I snuck in a picture or two in between sorting medical supplies.

Med Wish International is:  a not-for-profit organization committed to repurposing medical supplies and equipment discarded by the healthcare industry with the objectives of providing humanitarian aid in developing countries to save lives and reducing waste to save our environment. ( I lifted that right from their website).

I will tell you ALL about it on Monday. Just know that it was a boat load of fun to do this, something near and dear to my little nursey heart. And I will be doing it again I am sure.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this photo (and so much more, on today's post!) about MedWish. We had a blast hosting Leadership Cleveland and are grateful that you've shared an in-depth look at our work. No need to repeat what you've said, but we can always use more support, more volunteers, more hands and more online friends!

    Thanks again,
    Your friends at MedWish

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have a loved one pass on and you are left with unused supplies that you know cost a fortune, which sickens you to throw away, call MedWish!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.