Friday, February 15, 2013

7 Quick Takes (Vol 202)

7_quick_takes_sm1

Well howdy doody did we get to the middle of February? Spring is just around the corner, or at least I hope it is. But I live in the Frozen Northeast Ohio where it has been known to snow in May so….maybe not.

You know the eternal Quick Take orders. When you are done sipping my blather like a fine cup of morning coffee you need to click on the picture above to be whisked, at the speed of the meteor that scared Russia yesterday, over to Conversion Diary.

I am so full of blather I may explode.

1.
HHBL gave me a lovely box of York Peppermint Patties for Valentines Day. He knows the way to my heart is paved with chocolate.

2.
I am completely convinced that it is impossible to take a good Driver’s License picture.

Truly. Impossible.

I went and renewed the old license this morning. I made the woman retake the picture THREE times. And then I just said,

FORGET IT! USE THAT ONE!

And went on my merry way.

And no I am not showing you the picture. I generally don’t consider myself a vain person. I look like what I look like, a slightly overweight, 52 year old woman who clings to her gray hair with fierce tenacity and occasionally remembers to put on make up.

It is only when I have to renew my Driver’s License that I am confronted with how vain I really am.

3.
Poor Max the Magnificent had to have his every six months trip to see Dr. Jeremy this week.

2013-02-13 08.22.58

I don’t really like to go to the bad place. Even when they give me squishy treats.

Dr. Jeremy and I have decided that Max needs to have his low dose of Prednisone every day now. It will hopefully help with the arthritis that he has in his hips and legs as well as clearing up the bit of cough that he seems to have. We had a bit of a scary episode on Sunday where Max saw the squirrels on the deck, leaped forward as if to chase after them (even though the sliding door was closed), and ended up splayed out on the floor whimpering in pain and unable to get up. Not good.

The only problem with the increased amount of Pred is that it zones Max out a bit. Yesterday was the first day of the new “regime” and he slept most of the day. But hopefully he will adjust soon.

4.
Still not missing Cable.

Well, that isn’t strictly true this week. I realized that the Westminster Kennel Show was going on and I got all excited and prepared to watch it….and then remembered that I now have no way to do that as it is only on the cable channels.

Sigh. Banana Joe the Affenpinscher just had to win without me. I will just have to watch Best in Show to fill in the gap.

And there was the little “incident” this week where Netflix seemed to lose my Instant Queue for a bit of time. Now THAT induced panic here at Chez Knit.

I might….

Ummmmmmm……

Have a lot of things in my Instant Queue…….

Like 180+. That isn’t too many is it? I just keep seeing things, mostly Documentaries, that I want to watch and it is my way of remembering. Let me tell you, I had a real “Chicken Little” moment when I turned on Netflix and my Instant Queue was not there.

It’s the little things that show my weirdness.

5.
I am continuing to deal with my “blog hoarding” tendencies. And it is becoming an issue again as it is hard to keep up with all the blogs I follow and to read blog posts with any thought.

I think the first thing to go is going to be the political blogs. I am just plain tired of politics and both of the screwed up parties that we have here in the good old US of A.

And after that I might have to cull a blog or two. Really, if you haven’t updated your blog in say 4 months then I am going to guess that you won’t be updating ever again. It is a habit just like any other. Get out of the habit and bye bye blog.

After that we will see where I go. I don’t like to be rushed when reading. And something has to give.

AND I need to stop adding new blogs to my Google Reader……yeah like THAT is ever going to happen.

6.
Oh goodness, after a relatively quiet first six weeks of the year….

My calendar is exploding.

So today, one of the last days that I have that isn’t full of something…

I am going to read and knit.

I complain when my schedule ISN’T full. I complain when my schedule IS full.

Whiney McWhinerson, that’s me.

7.
I am having beets for lunch.

AND Brussels sprouts.

Tossed with some butter and a bit of salt.

They all came from the garden. It is a cloudy, chilly and gloomy day. I need something to remind me that the beginning of gardening season is just around the corner.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeets. Yummmmmmmmmmm.

5 comments:

  1. You are so lucky you were able to get retakes on your license...and even to pick the one you wanted. In Virginia, because this is where the 9/11 hijackers got their licenses, they have gotten really anal about licenses and photos. They have converted back to black and white photos and they pose you in such a way that they could use your driver's license photo for a mug shot. Seriously, they are that bad! I am horrified each and every time I have to show my license and always feel the need to apologize for frightening them.

    I once had a dog on Prednisone...his intake of water increased tremendously...and he really put on some pounds. Don't know if you have had experience with it so thought I would give you a heads up with mine. Hope it helps Max.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. We have encountered his increased thirst with the consequent increased wanting to go out.

      Delete
  2. Reading and knitting . . . oh man. I wish I had all day to do *just* that.

    (Well, and maybe a little writing.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure that it is my prize for all the years that I couldn't do more than keep my head above water with small children messing up my house.

      Delete
  3. I confess that one of the reasons I read you weekly is to see how you're going to get us back to Conversion Diary. I love your creativity and the fact that you're just so human and awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.